Advancing Island Connections West 2017 Program
Tradeshow featuring multiple businesses for sale and professional advisory services open 9 am – 2 pm. Volunteer interpreters will circulate to facilitate conversations.
9:00 a.m. Workshop: How to transition your business to newcomer owners
• Why engage professional advisors when selling your business, Confederation M&A
• Preparing for succession, Grant Thornton * To be confirmed
• Provincial Nominee Program eligibility explained, PEI Office of Immigration
• Tips for networking with immigrants, Li Yuan, RBC
Emcee – Dan Kutcher, President, Greater Summerside Area Chamber of Commerce
10:00 a.m. Welcome remarks/Prince County Business Development Supports
• Nelson Snow, PEI Connectors Regional Program officer
• Chris Palmer, MLA, Summerside
• Bill Martin, Mayor of Summerside
• Maxine Rennie, Rural Actions Centres & Ron Holley, CBDCs
• Dan Kutcher, Prince County Chambers of Commerce
• Shawn McCarvill, President, Slemon Park
• Wayne Carew, Island Advance Advisory Board
11:00 a.m. Coffee and networking in tradeshow.
11:30 a.m. Keynote Address: –“Eastsizing: Better living through geography” – Kent Bruyneel
Kent Bruyneel is Executive Director of Central Development Corporation (CDC) and Central Property Management (CPM). About a year ago he and his family – one brilliant wife, three adorable, young children, and one large, loveably dumb dog – sold their house in Vancouver and moved to PEI, to “eastsize” their life. Kent will share the family’s journey – which they documented on Twitter – and talk about the economic opportunities in PEI, particularly in the Prince County area.
12:10 p.m. Closing remarks
12:15 – Networking in the tradeshow area. A complimentary light buffet lunch will be served.